hbase-user mailing list archives

From rahul malviya <malviyarahul2...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Restore the block locality of a RegionServer ?
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 22:05:45 GMT
Hi,

My HBase cluster went through a rough patch recently where lot of region
server started dying because of sudden increase in amount of data being
funneled to the HBase cluster and we have to place a auto start script for
regionservers.

After this all my data locality is lost which does not seems to recover
even after compaction. This has degraded the performance by a factor of 4.
So I want to know is their a way to restore the data locality of my HBase
cluster.

I am using hbase-0.98.6-cdh5.2.0.

Thanks,
Rahul