hbase-user mailing list archives

From rahul malviya <malviyarahul2...@gmail.com>
Subject Major Compacting Multiple Regions in same Region Server
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 16:11:36 GMT

I have observered major compaction on our hbase cluster it seems it
compacts only one region at a time per region server.

So I wanted to know if there is parameter to set to make it multi threaded
so that parallelly multiple regions can get compacted on same region server.

I looked at this jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1476 and
it seems to be fixed in 0.92 but I wanted to understand why I never see two
/ more regions compacting at same time on a region server ?

Am I missing something ?