hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arun Patel <arunp.bigd...@gmail.com>
Subject Regions and Rowkeys
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 22:38:11 GMT
I have some basic questions on regions.

1) I have a 10 node HBase cluster.  When I create a table in HBase, how
many regions will be allocated by default?  I looked at the HBase Master UI
and it seems regions are not allocated to all the Regionservers by
default.  How can I allocate the regions in all Region Servers?  Basically,
 This distributes the data in a better way If I am using a slated key. My
requirement is to distribute the data across the cluster using salted
keys.  But, Having few regions is a constraint?

2) How does the rowkey to region mapping works?  In Cassandra, we have a
concept of assigning token range for each node.  Rowkey will be assigned to
a node based on the token range.  How does this work in HBase?

Regards,
Arun