hbase-user mailing list archives

From tsuna <tsuna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase failing to restart in single-user mode
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 23:45:25 GMT
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wait. Benoit, you mean restart the laptop or stop/start HBase? I agree that
> contents of /tmp are not stable across system reboot, across stop/start of
> HBase process there should be no problems. Should.

I mean restart HBase.  I almost never restart my laptop (only for OS X

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Esteban Gutierrez
<esteban@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Something that works for me is to set manually
> -Djava.io.tmpdir=/User/esteban/tmp  in the jvm arguments, otherwise Mac OS
> X will use /var/folders/c2/<some kind of hash>/T for TMPDIR causing all
> kind of weird issues. You could also set TMPDIR to point to another
> location but you will have to remember that all the time.

How do we explain this?  What does ZK care whether it uses
/Users/foo/blah or /var/folders/c2/randomshit/T or anything else?

This has nothing to do with the OS cleaning up files or anything.  I
can start HBase, kill it, restart it within the span of less than 2
minutes, and the restart fails.

Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure

View raw message