hbase-user mailing list archives

From Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>
Subject Re: select/limit hanging on large tables
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 06:41:02 GMT
Hi Kiru,

Can you give more information about your data. I can not understand
what is exact problem. I have some question What is your table schema
? What is data size ? What is your heap size ? Avg row size ?. BTW To
tell general something, You can read those sources for Hbase tuning

[1] http://www.ericsson.com/research-blog/data-knowledge/hbase-performance-tuners/
[2] http://phoenix.apache.org/tuning.html
[3] http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#performance

HTH
Talat

> We are trying to benchmark/test Phoenix with large tables.A 'select * from table1 limit
100000' hangs on a 1.4 billion row table (in sqlline.py or SQuirreL)The same select of 1million
rows works on smaller table (300 million).Mainly we wanted to create a smaller version of
the 1.4 billion table and ran into this issue.Any ideas why this is happening ?We had quite
a few problems crossing the 1 billion mark even when loading (using CsvBulkLoadTool) the table.We
are also wondering whether our HBase is configured correctly.
> Any tips on HBase Configuration for loading/running Phoenix is highly appreciated as
well.(We are on HBase 0.98.12 and Phoenix 4.3.1) Regards,

--
Talat UYARER
Websitesi: http://talat.uyarer.com