hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase vs Cassandra
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 19:32:31 GMT
Couple more + for HBase

* Coprocessor framework (custom code inside Region Server and Master
Servers), which Cassandra is missing, afaik.
   Coprocessors have been widely used by hBase users (Phoenix SQL, for
example) since inception (in 0.92).
* HBase security model is more mature and align well with Hadoop/HDFS
security. Cassandra provides just basic authentication/authorization/SSL
encryption, no Kerberos, no end-to-end data encryption, no cell level
security.

-Vlad