hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dave Latham <lat...@davelink.net>
Subject Re: How to Restore the block locality of a RegionServer ?
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 01:36:46 GMT
Major compactions will fix locality, so long as there is space on the
local data nodes and they actually happen.  Also, if there is already
only a single HFile in a store, major compaction may be skipped.
Newer versions of hbase have a parameter
hbase.hstore.min.locality.to.skip.major.compact that you can set to
perform major compaction if locality is below some threshold, even if
there is only one store file.  (See HBASE-11195).

Dave