hbase-user mailing list archives

From Navdeep Agrawal <Navdeep_Agra...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: Coprocessor accessibility
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 10:07:00 GMT
Nice  I was looking for something like this . thank you Ted
 just for curiosity can we set attribute through shell .or by default no attribute are set
through shell's get .

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:29 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Coprocessor accessibility

Is your hbase deployed in a secure cluster ?
Here is signature for preGetOp:

  public void preGetOp(final ObserverContext<RegionCoprocessorEnvironment>
e,

      final Get get, final List<Cell> results) throws IOException {

User who wants this observer activated can pass attribute, with known name, through Get object.

The observer can try to retrieve this attribute:

  public byte[] getAttribute(String name) {

when attribute is present, do special handling.

FYI