hbase-user mailing list archives

From "David chen" <c77...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: How to know the root reason to cause RegionServer OOM?
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 07:59:12 GMT
Thanks for you reply.
Yes, it indeed appeared in the RegionServer command as follows:
jps -v|grep "Region"
HRegionServer -Dproc_regionserver -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=kill -9 %p -Xmx1000m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
-Xms16106127360 -Xmx16106127360 -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=6000 -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/usr/lib64/cmf/service/common/killparent.sh

After read HBASE-11544, i have some doubts:
1. Assume scan has set caching to 1 and batch to 1, for a row with 2 cells, the first RPC
should only return a cell of the row, it is also the partial of a row. Unless the cell is
too large size, otherwise, will not need HBASE-11544. right?
2. Assume scan has set caching to 1 and maxResultSize to 1, for a row which per cell size
is more than 1, will the first RPC return the whole or partial row? I think the whole row,
right?