hbase-user mailing list archives

From "David chen" <c77...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Re: How to know the root reason to cause RegionServer OOM?
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 01:32:17 GMT
Thanks for guys reply, its indeed helped me.
Another question, I think there are two possibilities to kill RegionServer process:
1. When JVM inspects that the memory, RegionServer has occupied, exceed the max-heap-size,
 then JVM calls positively the command configured by option "-XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=kill -9
%p" to kill RegionServer  process.
2. RegionServer process does not reach the max-heap-size, but new application need to allocation
memory,  if lack of memory, OS will choose to kill some processes, RegionServer unfortunately
becomes the first choice, so it  is killed by OS.
Is my understanding right? If so, how to know which possibility my scene is?
Any ideas can be appreciated!