hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Webb, Ryan L." <Ryan.W...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject Mapping Over Cells
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 15:15:22 GMT
Hello,

We have a table in HBase that has very large rows and it goes OOM when the table mapper attempts
to read the entire row into a result.

We would like to be able to map over each Cell in the table as a solution and it is what we
are doing in the map anyway.
Is this possible? Like the default behavior for Accumulo?

We looked at the settings on Scan and didn't really see anything and the source code of Result
looks like it wraps an array of cells so the data is already loaded at that point.
We are using HBase .98.1 and Hadoop 2 APIs

Thanks
Ryan Webb