hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase memstore flush configurations
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 15:16:41 GMT
Do you have some log messages from the flushes?
Maybe you're flushing due to hbase.regionserver.flush.per.changes (number of edit before we
flush).

We also flush the memstore when the WAL is rolled, which also happens once/hour.

Note hbase.regionserver.optionalcacheflushinterval mostly exists to limit the time edits written
with SKIP_WAL should live in the memstore.

We need to make more sense of all these settings!

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abbasov@icloud.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:40 PM
Subject: HBase memstore flush configurations

Hi all,
I’ve added the following configurations to my hbase-site.xml file.
<property>
    <name>hbase.regionserver.optionalcacheflushinterval</name>
    <value>86400000</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.upperLimit</name>
    <value>0.4</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.lowerLimit</name>
    <value>0.3</value>
  </property>

But still I have hourly memstore flushes, which are as I understood the default value for
hbase.regionserver.optionalcacheflushinterval.
I restarted hbase daemons on all the nodes, including master and regionservers.
What could be a reason for this?
Thank you.

Regards,
Akmal Abbasov