hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gaurav Agarwal <gau...@arkin.net>
Subject Re: How to delete regions from a table
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 05:43:47 GMT
Hi Talat,

Thanks for the reply! Few specific followup questions:

1. Do I need to disable and enable table for these operations? what would be
exact sequence?
2. I guess somewhere in between these steps, I need to manually delete the
real data files corresponding to these regions, from hdfs?
3. What would hbck -repair do in this case? Would it recreate the deleted
regions in meta or would the rowkey space of existing regions be expanded to
fill the holes?

--cheers, gaurav