hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kiru Pakkirisamy <kirupakkiris...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject select/limit hanging on large tables
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 00:47:37 GMT
We are trying to benchmark/test Phoenix with large tables.A 'select * from table1 limit 100000'
hangs on a 1.4 billion row table (in sqlline.py or SQuirreL)The same select of 1million rows
works on smaller table (300 million).Mainly we wanted to create a smaller version of the 1.4
billion table and ran into this issue.Any ideas why this is happening ?We had quite a few
problems crossing the 1 billion mark even when loading (using CsvBulkLoadTool) the table.We
are also wondering whether our HBase is configured correctly.
Any tips on HBase Configuration for loading/running Phoenix is highly appreciated as well.(We
are on HBase 0.98.12 and Phoenix 4.3.1) Regards,
- kiru