hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase.apache.org homepage looks weird on Chrome and Firefox
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 18:38:47 GMT
I don't believe we can self-host static assets cheaply enough relative to what CDNs charge.

> On Apr 19, 2015, at 10:52 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I remember one case where my browsers just hung fetching things from the bootstrap CDN.
I assumed it was due to some issue on their side because it eventually resolved itself. I
was a little surprised that those resources weren't just being hosted at Apache (which would
hopefully have a 100% up/down metric for the site), but I'm sure there are other benefits
from using an external CDN. :shrug: