hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject HFileOutputFormat2 with Table, which method?
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 22:57:24 GMT
Hi all,

To initialize MR jobs with HFileOutputFormat2 we need to call

There is one with (Job, HTable) which is deprecated.
There is one with (Job, Table, RegionLocator) which is not.

However, I have found only HTable to implements RegionLocator. So 2nd
method can not be call too.

There is only configureIncrementalLoadMap(Job job, Table table) that we can
call, but it's not doing all what configureIncrementalLoad is doing.

So should we flag the 2 other configureIncrementalLoad methods deprecated
and create a new one? Or should we make Table to implement RegionLocator?

Or should HFileOutputFormat2 not be used anymore with HBase 1.0.1?