hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gautam <gautamkows...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase row ingestion ..
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 00:30:27 GMT
Hello,
       We'v been fighting some ingestion perf issues on hbase and I have
been looking at the write path in particular. Trying to optimize on write
path currently.

We have around 40 column qualifiers (under single CF) for each row. So I
understand that each put(row) written into hbase would translate into 40
(rowkey, cq, ts)  cells in Hbase.  If I switched to an Avro object based
schema instead there would be a single (rowkey, avro_cq, ts) cell per row (
all fields shoved into a single Avro blob).  Question is, would this
approach really translate into any write-path perf benefits?

Cheers,
-Gautam.