hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arun Patel <arunp.bigd...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase REST API calls in JavaScript
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 00:57:53 GMT
My HBase application provides an API to ingest XML data.  I am able to make
successful PUT and GET calls to Hbase using below commands

PUT:

curl -k -H "Content-Type: application/xml" -H "Accept: application/xml" -d
'Rowkey and a column as an XML here'
https://hostname:8443/mySrvc/webapi/put/VVDRC

I get a successful response with a rowkey

GET:

curl -k -H "Accept: text/xml"
https://hostname:8443/mySrvc/webapi/get/VVDRC/rowkey

I get successful return of the row inserted with PUT.

Now, how do I make these REST API calls in a Javascript or java.
Javascript is preferred.  Please note my application will not be able to
make any connection with HBase.  It has to use above REST API calls only.

Please share any code snippet you might have.  Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Arun