hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dejan Menges <dejan.men...@gmail.com>
Subject Regions balancing
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:22:06 GMT
Hi,

We have a HBase cluster with multiple tables in it. We hit today
interesting issue - one of our jobs started failing with
OutOfOrderScannerNextException.

As this job was basically reading data from only one specific table from
one specific cluster and doing something with it, I checked table
properties, and saw that it's, mostly nicely said, very imbalanced regions
related. For example, one node had 40 regions hosted, another one had only
8. After I took down this node with 40 regions and forced it to rebalance
regions that way, job passed fine.

However, when I took it back, the same node got 30 regions this time,
what's still in the best case 40% more than other node with biggest amount
of regions for the same table.

Is there any way to balance this?

Thanks a lot,
Dejan