hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dejan Menges <dejan.men...@gmail.com>
Subject Right value for hbase.rpc.timeout
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:51:55 GMT
Hi,

What's the best practice to calculate this value for your cluster, if there
is some?

In some situations we saw that some maps are taking more than default 60
seconds which was failing specific map job (as if it failed once, it failed
also every other time by number of configured retries).

I would like to tune RPC parameters a bit, but googling and looking into
HBase Book doesn't tell me how to calculate right values, and what else to
take a look beside hbase.rpc.timeout.

Thanks a lot,
Dejan