hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase Filesystem Adapter
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:19:29 GMT
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 6:35 AM, Buğra Çakır <bugra.cakir@oranteknoloji.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I would like to use HBase with distributed filesystems other
>
> than HDFS. Are there any plans for developing filesystem
>
> adapters for these distributed filesystems ? (ceph, glusterfs, ...)

What are you looking for in particular Bugra?

There have been various attempts at running hbase over filesystems other
than HDFS. HBase for the most part makes use of the Hadoop Filesystem
Interface and has been reported out in the wild as running on other
filesystems (S3?, MapR, and so on) with attendant compromises and benefit.

I know of no current efforts at making hbase run on ceph, for instance
(Would be very interested if such an effort were afoot).

Thanks,
St.Ack