hbase-user mailing list archives

From Serega Sheypak <serega.shey...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase stucks from time to time
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 17:39:05 GMT
Hi, we have 10 nodes cluster running HBase 0.98 CDH 5.2.1
Sometimes HBase stucks.
We have several apps constantly writing/reading data from it. Sometimes we
see that apps response time dramatically increases. It means that app
spends seconds to read/write from/to HBase. in 99% of time it takes 20ms.

I suppose that compactions/major compactions could be the root cause. I see
that compactions start at the same time when we have problems with app.
Could it be so?
So HBase can't write to WAL because compactions consumes all IO and apps
stops to write data?