hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rowkey design question
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 23:53:51 GMT
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hint: You could have sandboxed the end user code which makes it a lot
> easier to manage.

I filed the fucking JIRA for that. Look at HBASE-4047. As a matter of
social grace, if you lecture people and call them stupid (as you did in an
earlier email) while making the same fucking argument the other person
made, this doesn't work.

The reason I never did finish HBASE-4047 is I didn't need to. Nobody here
or where I worked, ultimately, was banging down the door for an external
coprocessor host. What we have works well enough for people today.

If you do think the external coprocessor host is essential, try taking on
the actual engineering challenges involved. Hint: They are not easy. Put up
a patch. Writing words in an email is easy. ‚Äč

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)