hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase row ingestion ..
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:20:58 GMT
Exactly!

So if you don’t need to know if your table is bucketed or not.
You just put()  or get()/scan() like it any other table.

> On Apr 30, 2015, at 3:00 PM, Andrew Mains <andrew.mains@kontagent.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks all again for the replies--this is a very interesting discussion :).
>
> @Michael HBASE-12853 is definitely an interesting proposition for our (Upsight's) use
case--we've done a moderate amount of work to make our reads over the bucketed table efficient
using hive. In particular, we added support for predicate pushdown to multiple scans, which
allows us to read only a specific range within each bucket--see HIVE-7805. If I understand
correctly, with HBASE-12853 we could make that pushdown work transparently--that is, the client
code could just push down a single scan, which would then be fanned out to each bucket. It
would certainly make our code somewhat cleaner (we currently create a scan with our predicate
for each bucket, and then push all of those to MultiTableInputFormat).

> Best,
>
> Andrew
>

> On 4/30/15 12:36 PM, Michael Segel wrote:
>> The downside

purely accidental.
Use at your own risk.
Michael Segel