hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Rowkey design question
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 21:03:59 GMT
Sorry, but your initial problem statement doesn’t seem to parse …

Are you saying that you a single row with approximately 100,000 elements where each element
is roughly 1-5KB in size and in addition there are ~5 elements which will be between one and
five MB in size?

And you then mention a coprocessor?

Just looking at the numbers… 100K * 5KB means that each row would end up being 500MB in
size.

That’s a pretty fat row.

I would suggest rethinking your strategy.

> On Apr 7, 2015, at 11:13 AM, Kristoffer Sjögren <stoffe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I have a row with around 100.000 qualifiers with mostly small values around
> 1-5KB and maybe 5 largers ones around 1-5 MB. A coprocessor do random
> access of 1-10 qualifiers per row.
>
> I would like to understand how HBase loads the data into memory. Will the
> entire row be loaded or only the qualifiers I ask for (like pointer access
> into a direct ByteBuffer) ?
>
> Cheers,
> -Kristoffer

purely accidental.