hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Schulze, Dean (Contractor)" <Dean_Schu...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject RE: Unit test can't resolve org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Table
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:28:22 GMT
So I added these two dependencies and now I get this error.

Are the transitive dependencies for Hadoop and hbase not mapped properly?

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/net/StaticMapping

	<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
            <artifactId>hadoop-hdfs</artifactId>
            <version>2.5.1</version>
        </dependency>

		<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
            <artifactId>hadoop-hdfs</artifactId>
            <version>2.5.1</version>
            <type>test-jar</type>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:10 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unit test can't resolve org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Table

MiniDFSCluster is in this jar:

jar tvf
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs/2.5.1/hadoop-hdfs-2.5.1-tests.jar
| grep MiniDFSCluster
  1261 Fri Sep 05 16:08:24 PDT 2014
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/MiniDFSCluster$1.class
  7431 Fri Sep 05 16:08:24 PDT 2014
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/MiniDFSCluster$Builder.class
  1498 Fri Sep 05 16:08:24 PDT 2014
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/MiniDFSCluster$DataNodeProperties.class
  1396 Fri Sep 05 16:08:24 PDT 2014
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/MiniDFSCluster$NameNodeInfo.class
 57246 Fri Sep 05 16:08:24 PDT 2014
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/MiniDFSCluster.class

Take a look at the following in pom.xml (around line 1835):

          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
            <artifactId>hadoop-hdfs</artifactId>
            <version>${hadoop-two.version}</version>
            <type>test-jar</type>
            <scope>test</scope>

Cheers