hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Schulze, Dean (Contractor)" <Dean_Schu...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Unit test can't resolve org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Table
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:18:41 GMT
I'm using HBaseTestingUtility in a Junit test.  It compiles, but when I run the test (either
from the command line or from Eclipse) it gives the error below:

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
                The type org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Table cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files

Does this indicate that the transitive dependencies are incorrect?  Here are my mvn dependency
and code:

private static HBaseTestingUtility utility;

                public void setUp() throws Exception {
                                utility = new HBaseTestingUtility();

                public void test() {

                                try {
                                                HTableInterface table = utility.createTable(Bytes.toBytes("TestTable"),