hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Tapper, Gunnar" <gunnar.tap...@hp.com>
Subject jmx?description=true
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 22:19:47 GMT

The documentation says:

“Click the Metrics Dump link near the top. The metrics for the region server are presented
as a dump of the JMX bean in JSON format. This will dump out all metrics names and their values.
To include metrics descriptions in the listing — this can be useful when you are exploring
what is available — add a query string of ?description=true so your URL becomes http://REGIONSERVER_HOSTNAME:60030/jmx?description=true<http://regionserver_hostname:60030/jmx?description=true>.
Not all beans and attributes have descriptions.”

I can never get this to work for either the Master or RegionServers. No descriptions are provided.

Could someone provide an example for BOTH the Master and a RegionServer with descriptions?
I’d like to know what the different counters do.

Thank you,

Download a free version of HPDSM, a unified big-data administration tool for Vertica and Hadoop
at: HP DSM Download<https://vertica.hpwsportal.com/>

“People don’t know what they want until you show it to them… Our task is to read things
that are not yet on the page.” — Steve Jobs