hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michele Giusto <m.giu...@reply.it>
Subject Re: RegionServer continues lease expired
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 09:37:52 GMT
Hi Ted, hi Nick,
thanks for helping. I was not that confident that the problem was the
hostname, however that was it. The node was recognized with its FQDN
because when we added the new node we forgot to modify /etc/hosts
neither on the old nodes nor on the new one. Now I have fixed all
/etc/hosts and it is working.

Any idea on the reason why we were getting that problem? At the end of
the day, all the nodes were communicating as expected (DNS is up,
/etc/hosts settings are probably superfluous in my case) and other
services (hdfs, map-reduce, Impala, ...) were not reporting problem.

Thanks again,
Michele