hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where is HBase failed servers list stored
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 18:01:01 GMT
It's in local memory. When HBase cannot connect to a server, it puts it
into the "failedServerList" for 2 seconds. This is to avoid having all the
threads going into a potentially long socket timeout. Are you sure that you
can connect from the master to this machine/port?

You can change the time it stays in the list with
hbase.ipc.client.failed.servers.expiry (in milliseconds), but it should not
help.

You should have another exception before this one in the logs (the one that
initially put this region server in this failedServerList).