hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: manual merge
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 18:35:40 GMT
Hi Abe,

I believe at this time we only have the APIs for merging two regions in a
single merge operation. Adding the ability to merge all regions within a
row key range was a feature discussed recently. A compaction should not be
necessary following a merge, however it is likely that the number of store
files in the resulting region will trigger one. Have a look at HBASE-13103
for some thoughts on bring region size under management of the Master,
similar to region placement. Your thoughts based on your use-case would be
valuable over there.