hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: master consumes large amount of CPU for days
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 19:57:49 GMT
Log only shows that every 5 mins balancers kicks in and finds no work to do.

Could you share a bit more details about the cluster - how much memory
/ cores you have on the nodes, what are JVM properties for hbase
daemons, what version of HBase you're running, what kind of apps you
run on top of it?

Did you observe any master crashes/failovers during this high-CPU period?

Thanks,
Mikhail

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Ted Tuttle <ted@mentacapital.com> wrote:
> Hello-
>
> Our master process started consuming a large amount of CPU (75% of box) several days
back and hasn't stopped.  I have 2 questions:

--
Thanks,
Michael Antonov