hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase Question
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 15:42:04 GMT
We usually try to have a shell way of doing all public facing operations.
In particular, I'd say if something shows up in the ref guide[1] without a
shell way to do it, I'd consider it a bug. The one big caveat is that the
shell is not performant for doing data inserts or fetching. Those functions
are really only set up in the shell for works-at-all operational testing.

Would working in a scripting language like python be easier? We have a
couple of options for accessing HBase from non-JVM languages.

[1]: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html

--
Sean