hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Error
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:35:44 GMT
Your configuration has conflicting parameters. One set of them tells HBase
that it should run ZK and the other that you are going to run ZK yourself
and HBase can rely on it.

The failure you see is because the parameters for "HBase can rely on the ZK
that is running over here" wins.

* hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir

This parameter is used only when HBase is managing hte ZK process. That
only happens during stand-alone mode[1].

* hbase.zookeeper.quorum

This parameter is used only when HBase is in a distributed mode (psuedo or
otherwise). It's used to let HBase know where the ZK servers are.[2]

* hbase.cluster.distributed

You have this value set to true, which means that only the quorum parameter
will be used[2]. It also means that HBase won't manage the ZK quorum,
you'll need to launch a ZK quorum yourself.

It also means that HBase won't automatically get any HDFS processes and
will instead either use an extant cluster that has client configuration in
the HBase classpath, or the LocalFileSystem. From your other configs, it
looks like you're planning to rely on the LocalFileSystem. You should not
do this, even if you are planning to only run on a single node[3].

[1]: For more information on stand alone mode, see
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#standalone_dist or

[2]: For more information on running a distributed cluster see
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#_distributed . For more information on
what HBase needs from ZooKeeper, see
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#zookeeper .

[3]: For more information on configuring things to run in distributed mode
on a single node see http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart_pseudo