hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Baranau <alex.barano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Why can the capacity of a table with TTL grow continuously?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:12:29 GMT
Expired rows are also deleted on minor compaction. But, depending on the
distribution of the writes you may have some regions that don't get any
writes and hence their files will stay in "frozen" state without any
compaction being triggerred on them, until major compaction is fired for
that specific region or the whole table. Given that you reclaimed only a
bit of space - part of that could be due to this..

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#ttl also
mentions hbase.store.delete.expired.storefile config property - be sure to
have it as true to delete the whole store files (unless files are deleted,
they occupy space in hdfs).

Alex Baranau

http://cdap.io - open source framework to build and run data applications on
Hadoop & HBase