hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Baranau <alex.barano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Why can the capacity of a table with TTL grow continuously?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 02:34:10 GMT
I'd try that. Please come back with results. Also, if possible it will be
useful (at least for the important jira mentioned by Nick) if you can share
the stats on the regions (size, store files #) before and after the
procedure. Note (as Lars said): "careful, this ... can put some load on the
net/disks".

One more note: only increasing hbase.hregion.max.filesize may not help to
completely avoid the same situation in future. It's hard to tell, but if
you have what I'm thinking, I'd say data distribution pattern has greater
affect. Though it will be mitigated to some extend by upping the region
size.

Alex Baranau
--
http://cdap.io - open source framework to build and run data applications on