hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple scans for mapreduce over snapshots
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 06:02:32 GMT
I think adding support for multi table scan over snapshots would be a nice feature to have.

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 11:53 AM, Andrew Mains <andrew.mains@kontagent.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We're looking into using TableSnapshotInputFormat on a salted table, and we need to push
down conditions on the rest of the rowkey to each bucket (using hive with my patch for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7805).
MultiTableInputFormat allows us to do this on HBase proper, but it seems like this isn't yet
supported on snapshots. There's nothing in either google or JIRA discussing such a feature
afaict, so I thought I'd ask here:

> Would it be reasonable for HBase to support an equivalent of `MultiTableInputFormat`
over snapshots? Is there a better alternative that we should be using instead?