hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: HBase standalone ZooKeeper error
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:50:28 GMT
No, from the binary tar for hbase-0.98.11-hadoop2 trying to run locally standalone with native
FS. I’ve carefully gone through the quickstart using the minimal config. BTW HBase will
work with Java 7 I assume?

The trace was from an app that uses HBase but I get the same when running “status” in
the HBase shell. The shell launches and can get help but nothing that actually uses the DB.
So “status” crashes HBase with the same error.

The comment about ZooKeeper was to point out that there was no separate instance of Zookeeper
running. Not sure why it thinks ZooKeeper “exists”?

I’ve set those both to local filesystem non-existent dirs since no startup has initialized
them yet. But I’ve tried setting them to empty dirs too.

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>file:///Users/pat/hbase-data</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
    <value>/Users/pat/zookeeper-data</value>
  </property>
</configuration>