hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Mains <andrew.ma...@kontagent.com>
Subject Re: Multiple scans for mapreduce over snapshots
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 06:19:13 GMT
We'd certainly like it, and would be more than willing to take up the
implementation :). I've filed a ticket here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13356 to track the feature.

Thanks for the response!

Andrew

On 3/27/15 11:02 PM, Ted Yu wrote:
> I think adding support for multi table scan over snapshots would be a nice feature to
have.

>> On Mar 27, 2015, at 11:53 AM, Andrew Mains <andrew.mains@kontagent.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We're looking into using TableSnapshotInputFormat on a salted table, and we need
to push down conditions on the rest of the rowkey to each bucket (using hive with my patch
for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7805). MultiTableInputFormat allows us to do
this on HBase proper, but it seems like this isn't yet supported on snapshots. There's nothing
in either google or JIRA discussing such a feature afaict, so I thought I'd ask here:

>> Would it be reasonable for HBase to support an equivalent of `MultiTableInputFormat`
over snapshots? Is there a better alternative that we should be using instead?