hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Mains <andrew.ma...@kontagent.com>
Subject Multiple scans for mapreduce over snapshots
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 18:53:29 GMT
Hi all,

We're looking into using TableSnapshotInputFormat on a salted table, and
we need to push down conditions on the rest of the rowkey to each bucket
(using hive with my patch for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7805). MultiTableInputFormat
allows us to do this on HBase proper, but it seems like this isn't yet
supported on snapshots. There's nothing in either google or JIRA
discussing such a feature afaict, so I thought I'd ask here:

Would it be reasonable for HBase to support an equivalent of
`MultiTableInputFormat` over snapshots? Is there a better alternative
that we should be using instead?

Thanks!

Andrew