hbase-user mailing list archives

From "David chen" <c77...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Re: Why can the capacity of a table with TTL grow continuously?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 04:15:18 GMT
Thanks lars,
I ever ran scan to test TTL for several times,  the data expired could not be seen.
In my application scene, the capacity of everyday collecting data should be almost similar.
so the new collecting data should not be more than the data expired.
Following your way, I forced a major compaction this morning, the space reduced from 946G
to 924G.
In order to reclaim the expired space, must force the major compaction?