hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dave <david.greensht...@gmail.com>
Subject Pagination using Java API wrong behaviour
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 12:26:55 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Hbase 0.98.4.2.2.0.0-2041-hadoop2 running on 9 nodes. My table
distributed to 12 regions and contains about 113M records.

I'm running pagination query using

/Filter pageFilter = new PageFilter(pageSize);
Scan scan = new Scan();
RegexStringComparator comp = new RegexStringComparator("._1");
RowFilter rowFilter = new RowFilter(CompareOp.EQUAL, comp);
FilterList filterList = new FilterList(Operator.MUST_PASS_ALL, pageFilter,
rowFilter);
scan.setFilter(filterList);/

My page size is 100K, on page 30 query returns 0 results, hence I get only
3M results, but when I run query using hbase shell I get 14M.

Here is hbase shell query:
/scan 'mgrs', {COLUMNS => 'mtf:fences',FILTER =>
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.RowFilter.new(CompareFilter::CompareOp.valueOf('EQUAL'),RegexStringComparator.new("._1"))}/

Why my pagination Java query returns less results than hbase shell query?
Maybe I miss some configuration on client side?

thanks.