hbase-user mailing list archives

From Margarita Savova <galabo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Force-assign the META region to a dedicated RegionServer
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:12:19 GMT
Hello,
I have observed very high load on the box, which hosts the META region, so I wanted to try
isolating the META region to run on its dedicated box and make sure the RegionServer there
does not host any other regions besides META. I stopped all other services (MapReduce and
DataNode) on this box in order to reduce the load and I force-migrated all other regions off
of that RegionServer with the 'move' command on the hbase shell. After awhile though, the
balancer reassigned new regions to this RegionServer again.

I am sure that if I stop the balancer, no other regions will be moved there, but I don't want
to do that, since I want the balancer to ensure that the rest of the regions are evenly distrubuted
among the cluster. Is there any other way that I can achieve this - making sure that no other
regions besides META run on a particular RegionServer?
thanks