hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Q regarding thrift server to expose RDD via SQL
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:13:17 GMT
By "ThriftServer," you mean HiveServer2? Or are you talking about HBase's
thrift gateway? Both should work, though neither are required. As my
previous mail, you should have better scalable performance by using
HBase's InputFormats instead of these intermediary services.

I have no experience running HS2 or the thrift gateway with YARN or Mesos.
Doesn't mean it's not possible...