hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Region-level metrics being phased out?
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 21:57:17 GMT
Well, here are a few related things, since you're asking :)

1. Are there table-level metrics?  I didn't see any in JMX. Or is one
supposed to collect all region-level metrics and compute table-level
metrics from that?
2. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#_hbase_metrics lists mainly
RegionServer-level metrics and NO region-level metrics.  Are region-level
metrics generally less useful in practice?  Or maybe they are hard for a
human to analyze when a cluster has hundreds or more regions?
3. Are there some region-level metrics that are considered really important
to keep an eye on?

Thanks,
Otis