hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: filter serialization question
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 18:09:26 GMT
This field is used for consistency check by, e.g. FilterList :

  public void addFilter(Filter filter) {

    if (this.isReversed() != filter.isReversed()) {

      throw new IllegalArgumentException(

          "Filters in the list must have the same reversed flag,
this.reversed="

              + this.isReversed());

    }

Looking at HRegion#instantiateRegionScanner(), this attribute is set
according to whether reverse scan is specified.

Your reading is correct.

Cheers