hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Zarei <alexanderz.si...@gmail.com>
Subject HMaster does not start when Upgrading Hbase 0.94 to 0.98 (needed by new version of Drill)
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:31:16 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me solve this issue I am facing in
setting up a new Hbase 0.98.

So we had Hbase 0.94 running on our Drillbit machine. I stopped the .94,
and installed a fresh 0.98 from Apache website.

I configured hbase-site.xml based on the Apache getting started page
<http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart>, the file with the same name
from 0.94 installation and this tutorial
<https://cyberfrontierlabs.com/2014/09/30/getting-started-with-distributed-hbase-and-zookeeper/>
.

The problem is that HMaster does not show up in the "jps" processes list.
In addition, when start_hbase.sh tries to start zookeeper the following
exception happens:

java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:444)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:436)
        at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:214)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:67)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.configure(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:95)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:111)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.HQuorumPeer.runZKServer(HQuorumPeer.java:91)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.HQuorumPeer.main(HQuorumPeer.java:76)

Also when I open "./bin/hbase shell"
and run "list"
the following error shows up:

ERROR: Can't get master address from ZooKeeper; znode data == null

I have also attached my zookeeper configuration file and hbase-site.xml
file.

 I should also add that I do not need to upgrade files on the previous
Hbase or use anything from it. I just need to set up this new Hbase and
then I will populate the new tables. I am not sure if I should remove the
"maprfs:///hbase" which holds the information from previous installation or
not.

I will really appreciate it if you could help me set the new Hbase up.

Thanks,
Alex

*Alexander Zarei*

Computer Scientist *|* Simba Technologies Inc.

+1.604.633.0008 *|* alexanderz@simba.com

938 West 8th Avenue *|* Vancouver, BC *|* Canada *| *V5Z 1E5
*The Big Data Connectivity Experts | *www.simba.com