hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jaime Solano <jdjsol...@gmail.com>
Subject Bulk-load data into HBase using Storm
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 18:49:41 GMT
For a proof of concept we'll be working on, we want to bulk-load data into
HBase, following a similar approach to the one explained here
but with the difference that for the HFile creation (step 2 in the
mentioned article), we want to use Storm instead of MapReduce. That is, we
want to bulk load data not sitting in HDFS, but probably in memory.

   1. What are your thoughts about this? Is it feasible?
   2. What challenges do you foresee?
   3. What other approaches would you suggest?

Thanks in advance,