hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Stepachev <oct...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Streaming data to htable
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 15:57:38 GMT
Hi hongbin,

It seems that depend on how many data you ingest.
In case of big enough I'd look at creating HFiles
directly without mapreduce (for example using
HFileOutputFormat without mapreduce or using
HFileWriter directly).
Created files can be imported by LoadIncrementalHFiles#doBulkLoad
directly into hbase. And need to be sure that your
regions will not split too fast, bulk load can load only
hfiles which contain keyvalues from one or two adjust
regions. (better if splits are disabled and did externally)

But you need to be sure that you actually need
to do such micromanagement and not just stick
with regular Puts. HBase can sustain quite good
amount of input data to start worry about.

Cheers.

--
Andrey.