hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ian Friedman <...@flurry.com>
Subject filter serialization question
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 17:41:40 GMT
Hello! I'm in the process of upgrading our HBase 94 codebase to HBase 98. The org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.Filter
class now has a field
protected boolean reversed; which seems to, from my reading of the code that touches it, be
a transient field set only when the Scan using the filter is itself reversed. It doesn't seem
like it's supposed to be serialized/deserialized with the rest of the filter. However it is
not marked transient, which trips up our serialization unittests... Is my reading wrong and
this field should get serialized (despite being protected in a abstract base class) or should
this field actually be transient?

Thanks in advance
--Ian